Friday, January 20, 2012

Party Animal IV




















6 x 6"
oil on canvas panel SOLD

This little party girl doesn't seem too happy about
it, but then, every party needs a Wallflower. She
belongs to fellow Artist and Pug-lover Nancy Medina.
Thanks Nancy for the use of your photo!

Here's a little background information from Nancy:
"This is Winnifred Wigglepants, my most precious girl
I lost to GME encephalitis 3 years ago. This is the outfit
she was wearing the day she won the silver cup at the
Spring Bonnet Contest for the Bluebonnet Pug Club of Texas.

Winnie Wiggles was a diva in every sense of the word, and
finished in the show ring as a full champion before we adopted
her to give her a family home for her retirement. Winnie Wiggles
was my little velcro muffin, she was small, but mighty, and an old
soul who I was so honored to have in my heart and my life. One
of her sons went on to become one of the top 10 pugs in the nation,
and I have her brother, Howard Pee Pugpants, here with me today,
to remind me every day of how special she was."

13 comments:

Barbara M. said...

Aw Gwen! This is so adorable. Love the party dress. My dog would take that thing off so fast. She might sit still just long enough to take the photo for a cookie. I absolutely love these paintings.

You are a star,

xoxoxoxoxoxBarbara

Nancy Medina said...

Thank you so much for capturing the soul of my Winnifred Wigglepants so beautifully Gwen. This was the day she won the silver cup for the Bluebonnet Pug Club of Texas. She went to heaven 3 years ago after a battle with GME encephalitis, at the age of 7. I miss her every single day.

hmuxo said...

Oh my gosh, Gwen!!! I love this one..an adorable face...Love the hint of blue in her fur...I hope you continue with this series...you're good!!!!

Candace X. Moore said...

Too sweet, Gwen. Heart-warming. TY

martinealison said...

Un très bel hommage et je suis certaine que Nancy va être ravie de découvrir cette très jolie peinture...
gros bisous

Dana Cooper said...

Love these last two pieces Gwen, they are adorable!!

Page Railsback said...

How totally sweet

Edward Burton said...

Absolutely wonderful, Gwen.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

She was a wonderful personality, and you really gave her 'wings' in this painting, Gwen! I'm sad she's no longer with Nancy and Howie, but her spirit lives on!

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

She did have a nice bonnet. How high were her heels?

Dean H. said...

This is fantastic, Gwen! Excellent painting style!
The Party Animal series is a pure winner!

sam said...

Very cute dog, wonderfully captured Gwen)

Susan E. Roden said...

Nancy's pug is just too cute Gwen! Nice job.