Monday, February 28, 2011

"Orange Scissors & Oranges"




















6 x 6" oil on canvas panel SOLD

Here's this weeks submission for the DPW Challenge.
This time it was Carol's "one color per stroke" exercise.
Quite the challenge! I stuck to the rules with the
exception of switching to a smaller brush around the
tighter areas.

I must say it was a very nice...and much needed change...
to do a plain background. The crazy patterned backgrounds
have become my signature, but every once in a while it's
a nice to take a break from them. I had forgotten how much
time they take. This seemed like a breeze in comparison!

19 comments:

Ramesh Jhawar said...

Lovely! Nice composition :)

Gina Brown said...

This is great, Gwen. Your detailed backgrounds are incredible... but this side of you is awesome as well. Keep up the great work.

martinealison said...

Juste piquant comme il faut cette mandarine!...
Bisous

Barbara M. said...

Beautiful Gwen,

Great painting.

XOBarbara

Kathy Cousart said...

Really nice! Pretty and fresh colors- I love and admire your fabrics and like this as a change up for you too!

Carol Blackburn said...

Nicely done, Gwen....but, quite an unusual composition.

Sandra Galda said...

nice theme and really nice composition!

Diana Marshall said...

Perfection!

Karen Bruson said...

That's what happened to my scissors. Really, I've been looking for my orange handled scissors all day. Great job. Nice color.

Karen Bruson said...

That's what happened to my scissors. Really, I've been looking for my orange handled scissors all day. Great job. Nice color.

Julie Hill said...

Gwen, this composition is so refreshing...and a nice change up from your signature background. But don't stray too long from them, I adore your style.

Virginia Floyd said...

Very interesting composition and color. Love the orange!

Jala Pfaff said...

I like it.

Kerri Settle said...

Your work always shine, crazy backgrounds or no!

Laurel Alanna McBrine said...

Love the orange theme - I have a pair of those scissors too!

suzanneberry said...

perfect!

Kimberly Vanlandingham said...

It's fantastic!!

DEB said...

Hey! We did it again! I was painting scissors with sewing notions while you were cutting up with oranges!

Gary Keimig said...

So simple and so effective. Love the orange colors