Monday, June 7, 2010

"Gala Apples" and introducing Daily Painter Originals



















6 x 6 oil on canvas panel SOLD

Quite a few of us have been lamenting over how hard it

is to gain membership into DailyPainters.com and wishing
there was an alternative. Now there is!

I am proud to announce that Carolyn Finnell heard the call
and stepped up in a huge way by launching
Daily Painter Originals.

Carolyn has done such a fantastic job of setting up the site!
It is in a thumbnail gallery format on a crisp white background
that showcases the artwork beautifully. Having all of the posts
on a single page makes it so convenient for buyers to view all
of the art
at a glance. This format set Daily Painters.com apart
from the
rest and it is sure to do the same for Daily Painter Originals.

I was so honored that she asked me to recommend a few
of my favorite Artists. I passed that instruction on to a few
and asked them to do the same. All of the decisions
were passed on to Carolyn who had recommendations of
her own. A process that we imaged would take weeks was
accomplished in 24 hours!
One of the goals of the site is to have enough members to
make a nice showing and good support for advertising, but
still small enough to be manageable and maintain high quality
control standards. For now, the membership has been limited
to 30.
There are currently 21 members which means only 9 spots
are left. If you are interested in
applying, please visit the
submissions page for instructions.
I hope you will take the time to visit Daily Painter Originals
and Subscribe so you won't miss a thing!

17 comments:

rahina q.h. said...

Gwen this composition, and the crisp apples:) hey, i saw Daily Painter Originals: it's a great site and wishing you all success in sales through this.

Kim Blair said...

Hi Gwen:
These two shiny apples look fabulous on the white plate. Love the highlights, and the shadow areas too.
Nice work!
Kim

Becky Joy said...

Gwen. I LOVE this painting. Absolutely wonderful.

Edward Burton said...

You did an absolutely beautiful job with this, Gwen. I love the brushwork, colors and everything about it.

Carol Blackburn said...

Reminds me of candy apples, Gwen. I guess it's the shine. Making my mouth water.

LindaHunt said...

These apples look so delicious...almost as though I could reach in and lift it out. I love the painterly quality of the strokes and the reflections on the apples!

Carmen Beecher said...

Absolutely luscious painting. Isn't it great to just paint? Your story was similar to mine, but by the time I retired I was working as a Program Analyst, not even in graphics any more. I'm so glad to be painting!

Kay Wyne said...

I love the rich colors in the apples....I think I will go to the store and get some---but then have to be as good looking as yours! Congrats on being one of the FINAL FIVE!!!! Whoop!

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Beautiful painting!! I love the color of the background. :) Exciting news about Daily Painter Originals!!

Kerri Settle said...

I really love this one; from the design on the plate to the way you captured the shine of the apples.

suzanneberry said...

Another perfect piece Gwen. And thank you, I did as you suggested!

Karen Bruson said...

Wow, beautiful job on the apples. Love the broad strokes of color.

Linda Popple said...

These apples look shiny and crisp. Well done!

Congratulations on the new web site! Sounds wonderful. I hope someday I will be good enough to submit to it. Gives me something to work for! :-)

Becky Joy said...

Gwen I really like the one you have posted on Daily Painter Originals. Very nice work that you have been doing.

Julie Hill said...

Gwen...nice apples, they just shine and look ready to bite into. So proud to be a part of Daily Painter Originals with you.

sam said...

Those apples look very juicy Gwen, good enough to eat for sure! Some very talented artists on your site, all the best for it fantastic idea)

Dean Grey said...

Ah, this painting shows exactly why you were invited to join the new daily painter's group, Gwen.

The sky blue background, the Asian-inspired plate, and the glossy red apples. Perfect!

Congrats to you!

-Dean