Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Snow Day"


















6 x 6 oil on masonite SOLD

This is my backyard. Not really. I'm in Dallas. The

ground is covered in thick white sleet...the closest we've
come this year to "snow". The entire city shuts down when
it gets icy because no one knows how to drive on the slick
streets. I just heard on the news that even with most people
off of the roads there were still nearly 200 car wreaks today!
It's kind of nice being literally stuck inside. It put me in a
Winter Mood. I put on a pot of beans and settled in to paint.
I found this vacation photo and thought it was apropos.

4 comments:

Edward Burton said...

BEAUTIFUL color combination and nice and loose!
Great job!

Liza Hirst said...

I agree! This is a beautiful painting!

Studio Zanne said...

LOVE this! Hi, I'm Zanne...found my way to you via Susan Carlin's blog. I very much enjoy your blog and your work. This one called to me...had to have it! Happy painting!

Pattie Wall said...

The colors in this one are fantastic Gwen!